The Ballad of Circadian Rhythms
I was sure it was at least 5am. Considering the awakeness I felt, it might even have been 5:30. I was so exhausted when I bedded down that I couldn't have awakened that entirely so soon.I lay there for about a half-hour, hoping I would soon hear a stir in the house to indicate that others were up. Maybe they would make it until 6--perhaps 6:30 at the latest.
It was no use; I'd go ahead and get a shower ahead of the pack. I thought I had seen a clock in the bathroom; maybe I'd be able to kill some time getting ready for the day. Surely by the time I finished bathing and dressing the whole place would be astir. But no clock.
Wet-haired and fresh-faced, I tiptoed into the living room, where another slept, to retrieve my clean clothes. The only light in the room shone from the kitchen, and the oven clock struck doom.
Now, here I am on the bathroom floor, glad to have left my laptop and Bible accessible easily and quietly in the dark. I'm also glad my brother has wireless internet.


2 Comments:
You're an odd bird. What time was it, for goodness's sake? Inquiring minds want to know. Was it three in the morning, "the very witching time of night?" Is that the doom portended by the oven clock? Did it take you nearly an hour before you blogged (yes, as a verb)? Is that why it says 4:20 AM? Is that PST?
By the bye, can you get into your Tarleton email account (sorry to mention that dreadful place on vacation)? I've not been able to get into mine for a couple days now.
Happy winter solstice.
Look who is talking. : )
All times are now PST.
You have nailed it. I was up at three. Five CST.
My TSU email is working alright. I haven't tried sending anything with it recently.
It's not even a dreadful place.
Post a Comment
<< Home