Sunday, December 11, 2005

I've Been Tagged

There are some things you just have to do.

"Whatever your roommate wants" is one of them.

I've been tagged by my roommate to fill out a short survey about myself:

1. Seven Things to Do Before I Die

- Sing in an opera
- Step on a large spider
- Publish a book
- Speak a non-English language fluently
- Learn to dance
- Read the Koran
- Finish grading these stupid papers

2. Seven Things I Cannot Do

- Call casual acquaintances
- Anything ahead of a deadline
- Take everything seriously
- Cuss
- Lie successfully
- Sleep in past 9:00am
- Understand anything Morgan Stanley tells me

3. Seven Things That Attract Me to Guys

- Love for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- Intelligence
- Ability to listen (surprise surprise)
- Good grooming/attention to dress
- Openness to understanding a broad range of subjects
- Ability to make firm decisions
- Lean build

4. Seven Things I Say Most Often

- Indeed
- Uh-HUH
- Yep
- ...Right
- M-hmm
- I see
- Oh, dear
(Can you tell I live with Samantha?)

5. Seven Books (or series) I Love

- Isaiah
- Jane Eyre (and the rest of the Brontë canon)
- I Peter
- Les Miserables
- Pride and Prejudice (and the rest of the Austen canon)
- Philippians
- The Magician's Nephew (and the rest of the Chronicles of Narnia)

6. Seven Movies I Watch Over and Over

- Pride and Prejudice (A&E version)
- Sense and Sensibility
- Emma
(notice a trend?)
- The Incredibles
- Shrek (I and II)
- The Hunt for Red October
- The Sound of Music

7. I am supposed to tag 7 other people to do this. Instead, I think I am going to be an Old Testament scapegoat, take upon myself the surveys of the world, and go out into the desert. Or at least to the Christmas party at the edge of town.

4 Comments:

At Sun Dec 11, 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

You make me sound like a harsh taskmaster. I like it.

 
At Mon Dec 12, 02:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Harsh taskmaster." What's with all these references to the Hebrew Bible here? Ha!

Will that dance be the tango, the mambo, the salsa, the polka, the two-step (that one would be useful 'round these here parts), the waltz, the Schottishe, the Cotton-Eyed Joe, the jitterbug, the swing, or what? All of the above? Be specific, Ms. Swanbom! : P

The Koran is such an interesting read. A good deal of it is just polemic against the Jewish and the Christian faiths. A lot of it is social codes. Sounds like Leviticus and Deuteronomy in some places.

The Magician's Nephew was good. "Dem fine woman" was my favorite line. (Do you suppose that will be the next movie in line?)

 
At Tue Dec 13, 10:17:00 AM, Blogger tank said...

Thank you for not tagging me!!! Whew!

 
At Fri Dec 16, 11:08:00 PM, Blogger Curious George said...

I like reading your blog but the main thing I wanted to say is that I got a cell phone. My first.
Next...a microwave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home