A Quotology
My summer linguistics class is quickly drawing to a close, so I thought I would celebrate with some of my favorite quotes from my classmates and teacher, whose field of specialty is humor studies."Sociopaths need good critical thinking skills."
"My mother did me a wonderful favor by despising me."
"There's a lot of rectocranial inversions that need to happen around here."
"I'll take four volumes of Hemingway and a gin-and-tonic."
"C'mon, let's sparkle!" - Dr. B., when she misspoke and called her Grammars class 'Glamors'
The class has been enjoyable, as a roundtable discussion of interesting issues always is with a small group of intelligent and courteous people. However, the relief will be great when I turn in this paper on Thursday.
I found out last night that we will be reading my two favorite novels in the world for my fall class in--get ready--'Chick Lit.' Yes, I suppose Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice are the forerunners of literature specifically focused on women; but I doubt I will find Bridget Jones's Diary equally enjoyable.


1 Comments:
Yay for Charlotte Bronte and Jane Austen!
Post a Comment
<< Home