Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I tried to save a life today!"

I got a T-shirt from the blood bank. I have a couple others, but this one means even more to me. You see, today is the second consecutive time my youthful, rare-type blood's been turned down.

Before (oops, too late) your mind goes to all the dirty, embarrassing reasons that might have happened, let me just tell you that I've got a middle-aged, overweight guy's dream: low blood pressure. For those of you it means something to, it's 90-something over 70-something.

There's more good news. My hemoglobin is over 15. Last time, it was a dismal 12.4 (higher than the female average, but not up to the required 12.5 snuff). That time, I went off in a huff.

That's why I'm almost cheerful. Today, I almost graciously accepted a cookie, a T-shirt and a sticker that says, "Be nice to me! I tried to donate blood today." That's definitely an improvement in my attitude.

But the people who need blood transfusions aren't a whit better off. It's hard to be cheerful thinking about that.

1 Comments:

At Sun Sep 02, 03:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel too bad, Lynn, the life you saved may be your own and that certainly makes US happy. Keep up the good work and don't give up. God IS using you--how do I know? I know because YOU WANT HIM TO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home